Sunday, April 1, 2018

Interview Questions

For my documentary, I wanted it to be primarily driven through the interviews. As a result of this, I knew I had to create a set of questions that I would be asking the interviewees. Here was the final list I came up with to use while interviewing: 
  1. Can you tell me what you were doing the day you first came into contact with the brain eating amoeba?
  2. What happened in the time right after you jumped into the lake? (According to the news sources in a previous post, Sebastian came into contact with it after jumping into a lake).
  3. What were the doctors saying before and after you were diagnosed with the parasite?
  4. Do you remember the medical procedures you had to go through?
  5. What happened when you woke up and how long was it before you back on your feet?
  6. How do you think this event has impacted your family?
Obviously, these questions are written as if I were speaking directly to Sebastian but they will have to be modified to fit the grand total of three interviews. I have decided that for the interviews, I would place the story in chronological order, which sort of falls into a three-part story arc: Before Sebastian contracted the parasite, when he contracted it, and after it was cured. To fit this story arc, I have set up three interviews: Sebastian, his mother, and two people that were with him in the near hours of him contracting the disease. Through this many interviews, I hope to have a lot of footage to fill in the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment