Sunday, March 25, 2018

Late Post

Sorry for missing the last week of submissions. To sum up the time lost, I basically researched about Sebastian de Leon, what the disease was, how he contracted it etc. 

Apparently, the disease is so rare that it is twice as likely to be struck by lightning. As a result, I believe that I figured out what I would be doing for this project. I wish for this TV documentary to be a part of a series that focuses on rare diseases that are found around the world. I will be going through the overall outline of this TV series in a later blog post.

Also, I have looked through various news articles that talk about Sebastian's miraculous survival story, including big names such as CNN and ABC News. What's interesting about how these two sources presented the information is that CNN almost exclusively focused on the disease itself while ABC allowed for a more in depth look at the overall story. Both, however,included a video report of the lead medical examiner that saved Sebastian's life. Due to both sources including clips from this interview with Sebastian's doctor, it can only be assumed that this has been a medical breakthrough, especially since Sebastian has come out of this relatively unscathed. I have linked both sources below:

CNN Link
ABC News Link

No comments:

Post a Comment