Sunday, March 11, 2018

Ask and you shall receive

When I was at my lowest, most desperate point for new ideas, an idea was presented to me in the form of my friend Andres. Now, I've known Andres since around 6th grade but we had only just begun to hang out in recent times. So when it dawned on me that Andres had just solved all my problems about this project, he really surprised me. It was like a miracle.

A miracle who went by the name "Sebastian de Leon".

Sebastian de Leon is one of the few people known to have survived a (insert deadly condition here...I'll ask him more about it later on). Now, I've also been good friends with Sebastian for a while so I had heard about his miraculous story. But when Andres suggested that I throw away my idea about collective identity out the window and replace it with Sebastian's story, I knew it had to be good.

Quickly thanking Andres, I ran outside and called Sebastian, who I knew was at lunch at the time. We begin to talk and I pitch the idea to make a small documentary about what had happened to him. To my surprise, he was extremely excited to be a part of my piece and he said he would be glad to help me.

I don't have much outlined for the piece but I have a good feeling about it. I feel like it could be one of my best pieces to date--if I play my cards right. I'll update this blog as more developments are made for this new documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment