Sunday, March 11, 2018

How the heck do I do this?

So following what I mentioned in the last post, I finally had a main topic to follow. But as I attempted to create a sort of storyboard for how i wanted this documentary to flow, I found myself at a MASSIVE barrier: How to get this group of clowns to seem more like a collective identity rather than just a string of friends that stick together for no reason. In other words, I didn't know how to frame this friend group properly.

I had hoped that I would be able to get some help in this on Friday but had no such luck. My classmates were just as lost as I was when it came to this topic. Many of them attempted to help me find a way to introduce the topic, but there was still the huge problem of how to frame the documentary and design the questions so that they may more closely resemble the main idea of the piece.

As a result of this conundrum that I found myself in, I decided to sit in my room for the rest of the afternoon and really try and form up a draft for a possible storyboard. Unfortunately I was getting nowhere, so I decided to go to the source of the idea in the first place and invited Santi over to my house.

Santi and I grinded out ideas for the documentary for maybe an hour and a half but I ended up more lost than before. It really seemed like there would be no end to this nightmare of confusing thoughts and lost ideas. It seemed like a miracle to help me get through this part of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment